Xanterra Leisure Holding, LLC Lead Cook, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 in Glacier National Park, Montana
Produces quality and timely hot/cold food for guests and employees in a clean, safe, sanitary environment. Follows recipe cards and gives personal best in service. Must adhere to all Xanterra and National Park Service (NPS) sanitation regulations and requirements. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
Produces a quality product in a timely fashion for guests and staff.
Reports to work on time in a neat and clean uniform.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in accordance with prescribed recipes.
Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
Works in designated station as set by Location Chef and/or Sous Chef.
Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
Replenishes service lines as needed.
Assists in development of Second Cooks. May periodically train new employees or staff from other departments.
Takes leadership responsibility during absence of the Location Chef and Sous Chef.
Uses dish machine to properly and safely clean dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and glassware.
Completes Xanterra Sanitation program and complies with all health and safety codes in handling and storage of all food products and kitchen equipment.
Assists in all bi-monthly inventories.
Assists in the monitoring of all pre-set food and labor budgets and costs.
Enforces all company policies, regulations, and standards as set by the Executive Chef and Company.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• 2-3 years experience as a Lead Cook, First Cook, or is a culinary school graduate (preferred).
• Sanitation certification preferred.
• Must have general knowledge of all areas of food preparation, specifically soups, sauces, entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
• Strong knife skills and ability to accomplish tasks as directed by Sous or Location Chef.
• Should be able to read and write clearly.
• Must be knowledgeable in plate presentation – depth, flavor and guest needs.
• Must be familiar with the operation of kitchen equipment.
• Must have capability to demand quality and maintain guest satisfaction with tact and discretion.
• Good organization and communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers.
• Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
Requisition ID: 2018-16568
External Company Name: Xanterra Leisure Holding, LLC
External Company URL: www.xanterra.com
Street: Glacier National Park