CDM Smith Advanced Analytics Developer/Analyst (Remote Options) in Great Falls, Montana
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for a talented Advanced Analytics Developer/Analyst on our Digital Capital team who will help us maximize the value of our data to make informed business decisions and provide data-driven insights. You will have the opportunity to put your footprint on the growth of this team and accelerate delivery for our firm in this domain. We’re looking for a hands-on person who is self-driven, creative and capable of driving the importance of a data driven organization to optimize outcomes for our firm.
The Advanced Analytics Developer/Analyst will bring the capability of understanding our business, designing, conducting and managing new analytical projects, starting with project planning, hypothesis development and data gathering, then to analysis and modeling, and through to communications and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Perform in-depth analysis of data to design, develop, and deliver analytic solutions such as on-going dashboards, interactive models or ad-hoc analysis.
• Develop and maintain complex analyses critical to the business utilizing a variety of tools such as R, SQL and Python and other data analytics tools to manipulate and analyze large data sets. This includes data calculation, data accuracy, visualization, and automation.
• Creates advanced statistical models to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics.
• Design studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners.
• Develop and deliver analysis results using various visualization and presentation software/tools, such as R/Toolkit, Qlik, Power BI, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.
• Communicate complex analytical findings to non-technical stakeholders in a clear, concise, and actionable manner, while also tailoring presentations and reports to various audiences.
• Train, lead and mentor others on the team within the analytics space.
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis using varied analytical tools and techniques, including advanced statistics.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills, with the ability to draw insights from complex data sets.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Advanced Analytics Developer/Analyst (Remote Options)
• Bachelors Degree.
• 3 years of related experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Demonstrated expertise in SQL, Python or R, and other data analysis tools and languages.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum, strong project management skills.
• Familiarity or experience with AWS and Redshift.
• Experience in BI tool such are Power BI, Qlik, Tableau etc.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate knowledge of the features, benefits and application of Business Intelligence tools and comparable technology solutions.
• Hands on, work experience in statistical methodologies/analysis (such as propensity score matching and difference in differences analysis), modeling, etc. and using those results to inform insights and recommendations.
• Ability to learn the business and develop relationships that enhance value.
• Experience in creating creative, easy to use and understand visualizations.
• Should be able to work independently, gathering appropriate knowledge, resources and escalating when necessary.
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with proven ability to establish and cultivate relationships with key partners.
• Strong relationship management, interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills. Ability to drive change and lead/influence others without formal authority.
• Developed critical thinking skills and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.