Opportunities, Inc. Bus Driver in Great Falls, Montana
A. Provide safe bus transportation for Head Start children, staff and volunteers and assure that each child is picked up and delivered on schedule.
B. Cooperate with teachers to promote the health, safety, welfare and education of each child.
C. Work with center staff to assure a smooth flow of communication between families and Head Start sites.
D. Ensure that the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times.
E. Ensure bus evacuation drills are held as required and follow appropriate evacuation procedures and administration of first aid to the children in the case of an emergency.
F. Assist in the development of transportation plans, inclusive of up to date transportation routes.
G. Maintain transportation records as required by the program.
H. Must adhere to all Program Policies and Procedures; Agency Policies and Procedures; State and Federal Guidelines; Head Start Program Performance Standards and Work Plans.
I. Become completely familiar with the Agency’s mission and philosophy, and fully participate in promoting the accomplishments of the Agency goals and objectives.
J. Must be an advocate for the low and fixed income, and promote social and economic justice.
1. Must be able to perform Essential Functions/ Special Requirements of the job.
2. Must have high school diploma or high school equivalency.
3. Must have a clean driving record of at least three years.
4. Must have valid Montana Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement and “S” Endorsement.
5. Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical every two years at agency designated facility.
6. Must submit a current copy of Driving Record with application.
7. Must follow Drug and Alcohol Policies and Procedures.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with people of various social and economic backgrounds.
9. Must not have any prior convictions of physical or sexual abuse of children.
10. Must have a valid Driver's License and meet all state liability insurance requirements.
11. Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
12. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.