Opportunities, Inc. Family Advocate in Great Falls, Montana
1.Establish a relationship of trust with Head Start families.
2. Assist with recruitment, selection, and enrollment for the Head Start program.
3. Assist with assessment and planning of family and community partnerships.
4. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of parent and family related activities at the center level.
5. Provide families with support and accurate, comprehensive information about community resources.
6. Assist in coordinating services for children with disabilities and their families.
7. Serve as the liaison between the Head Start program, community agencies and families; be a mediator between the system and the family by helping to educate professionals on the strengths and needs of the family.
8. Assist families and children as they transition into, within and out of the Head Start program.
9. Support parents in their role as primary care takers and educators of their children; encourage Family Engagement in all aspects of the program.
10. Share responsibility for assisting families in completing all required medical and developmental screening and follow-up.
11. Maintain on-going contact with families and work with all other components (health, nutrition, family services, mental health, special services, parent education, and resource/referral) to integrate services into the family setting.
12. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
13. Must be an advocate for the low and fixed income, and promote social and economic justice.
_ _ 1. Associate degree or four years’ experience in Human Services or a related field.
2. Must have strong computer skills and be willing to learn job related computer programs.
3. Able to communicate effectively and competently in oral and written English language.
4. Able to work with diverse cultures and socio-economic groups.
5. Able to develop good working rapport with the service providers and community resources necessary to implement a case-plan.
6. Able to travel locally and to out of town/state meetings and trainings.
7. May require some noon and evening meetings as assigned.