General Dynamics Information Technology Full Stack Developer in Great Falls, Montana
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Software Development
The role will require frequent interactions with clients at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), on a large team, distributed across various locations in the U.S. The successful candidate for this role must be adept at both front-end and back-end development, responsive to customer needs and inquiries, and able to address or escalate emergent issues, as necessary. The selected candidate must be capable of self-direction with assigned work tasks as well as comfortable and familiar with best practices in remote work.
• Develop application code and unit test in the AngularJS, Rest Web Services, Java, or similar technologies
for the Application Development Center
• Work with client-side development team to ensure optimal application function
• Conduct performance testing
• Advise client and other stakeholders regarding design and technical decisions for project
• Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature, which may
require extensive research and analysis
• Consult with the design team
• Create documentation for projects, bug fixes, etc. from clients
• Communicate effectively with customers to design, plan, and develop large scale projects from the
• Lead small teams of developers throughout the SDLC
• Work in agile/scrum environments that include standups, JIRA boards, 2 weeks sprints, etc.
• Thoroughly documents the software or system process for future maintenance and updates.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
• BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
• 5-7 years of related work experience
• Proficient in CSS, HTML, and writing cross-browser compatible code
• Experience developing using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS tools such as Fargate, Simple Storage Service (S3), Aurora, and Elastic container registry (ECR).
• Availability to work during Eastern time “core hours” (8am-5pm).
• Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills, to provide regular status updates to project managers
• Ability to work independently and consistently adhere to project/deliverable deadlines
- Prior experience with modernization of existing applications to a new framework.
Technology Stack Requirements:
AWS Tools (e.g. Fargate, Simple Storage Service (S3), Aurora, Elastic Container Registry (ECR)
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.