Calumet GP, LLC Safety Supervisor in Great Falls, Montana
Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we're Calumet Proud!
The Safety Supervisor supervises the implementation and application of the refinery Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management system including all policies and procedures.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule, develop, and execute emergency response drills in the areas of fire, HAZMAT, Oil Spill, and evacuation, etc.
- Audit all aspects of the HSE management system within the refinery. Including documenting and sharing the results of audit findings
- Schedule, develop, lead and document plant wide safety meetings along with providing subject matter expertise where required. Including developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations
- Provide line management and supervision with observed employee and contractor inherent risk, assist with risk mitigation recommendations, and follow-up to ensure recommended action reduces or eliminates the inherent risk to acceptable levels. Ensure that direct reading instrumentation used in the refinery by safety and other plant wide personnel is inspected, maintained, and calibrated for use
- Proficient in the development of required written procedures from information derived through use of inherent risk assessment tools
- Provide necessary coaching, instruction, and subject matter expertise for all safety training satisfying governmental and refinery operational requirements
- Maintain proficiency in applicable regulatory agency requirements and apply them in the field to mitigate risk
- Maintain a keen understanding of "incident/injury probability'' and application skills to read inherent risk and at risk behaviors
- Proficient in conducting and documenting Job Safety Analysis
- Proficient in conducting investigations using root cause analysis techniques. Including the use of word processing software to document findings
- Provide HSE mentoring of new employees and contractors on site
- Ensure proper use of PPE refinery wide through spot audits and requested demonstration
- Supervise the scheduling, maintenance, repair, and documentation of fire extinguishment, breathing air, and other types of PPE used in the refinery
- Liaise and participate with all multi-jurisdictional agencies (i.e. emergency response), as required
- Ensure Industrial Hygiene sampling is conducted and documented professionally and unbiased
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Safety/Science is preferred.
- At least 3 years' experience in HSE or a related field required (Environmental, Safety, Health, Security). Experience in the refinery/petrochemical/chemical industry.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to complete priority projects and to respond to emergency situations (i.e. spill or incident response)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal interaction skills
- High awareness of time management and organizational skills
- Exhibits flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Critical thinking and entrepreneurial skillsets
- Ability to use computers, electronic monitoring equipment, and learn new technologies
- Demonstration of Calumet Values - Safety, Environment & Social Responsibility, Teamwork, Ownership, Passion for Customers, and Excellence
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay TypeSalary