Albertsons Cashier in HAMILTON, Montana
Provides customer service by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* * Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly,
* * Operates checkstand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer
orders. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques, and bags customer orders.
* * Handles monetary transactions including cash, checks, charges, gift cards, travelers checks,
preferred cards, EBT, WIC vouchers, processing coupons, issuing rainchecks and handling
refunds. Counts cash register till and is accountable for its contents. Communicates over instore
* * Responsible for staying current on product location, promotions, and ensures items are correctly
accounted for in the POS system.
* * Responsible for keeping checkstand area clean, neat and properly stocked, and for ensuring a
safe and secure work area.
* * May perform duties such as stocking, pricing, and rotating merchandise. * * Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity. * * Adherence to company dress code policy. * * Other necessary and required duties.
* * Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and to maintain composure in dealing with customers and
co-workers. Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
* * Ability to frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to
approximately 55 lbs. Ability to do repetitious work accurately, and to operate checkstand
equipment such as cash registers, scanners and scales.
* * Ability to learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location
of products, checkstand and keyboard procedures and company policies. Mental alertness is
necessary to ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions. Must
possess basic math skills.
* * Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and work aides necessary to
perform job duties.
* * Manual dexterity and hand eye coordination. * * Incumbent may stand for long periods of time * * Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course
of normal workday.
* * Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
* * Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled store environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled