CAMRIS International, Inc. SCIENTIFIC REVIEWER in Hamilton, Montana
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS is seeking exceptional candidates for the Scientific Reviewer positions. S/he will support the mission of The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and The National Institutes of Health (NIH) by conducting and supporting basic, translational and clinical research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana.
*This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
* Perform administrative review of research grant applications.
* Identify specific areas of expertise for peer review panel.
* Search databases and resources for and prepares lists of potential reviewers.
* Identify involved persons who must be on a conflict of interest list and identifies deficiencies which must be addressed prior to review.
* Make contact with potential reviewers to ascertain interest and availability.
* Prepare preliminary drafts of summary statements.
Senior positions may also include the following the following:
* Assist with the entry of reviewer data into databases.
* Analyze and assist in validating payment information.
* Review the work of contractor support staff in order to advise staff of any need for change.
* Prioritize lists of potential reviewers for review.
* Attend peer review meetings to take notes for use when preparing final summary of documentation of meeting proceedings.
* Obtain written critiques from reviewers.
* Evaluate incoming reviews for completeness and accuracy.
* Ph. D. in biomedical or life sciences or related field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
* 1-12+ years related experience.
* Extensive scientific knowledge and research experience.
* Excellent scientific communications skills, both oral and written.