CAMRIS International, Inc. SCIENTIST, SENIOR in Hamilton, Montana
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS is seeking exceptional candidates for the Senior Scientist positions. S/he will support the mission of The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and The National Institutes of Health (NIH) by conducting and supporting basic, translational and clinical research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana.
*This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
* Oversee the planning and execution of research experiments in the context of the laboratory's overall research program.
* Provide support and mentor other laboratory staff on research projects and techniques.
* Oversee the maintenance of laboratory equipment and the training of others in their use.
* Develop strategies for maintaining adequate space/facilities for ongoing and projected research studies.
* Evaluate, analyze and interpret research data, communicates results and methods in reports, presentations, and manuscripts.
* Collaborate with junior staff to modify research protocols.
* Prepare presentations of research.
* Provide interpretation of results, guidance, and scientific support to the management team.
* Ph.D. degree in a scientific field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
* 8-13+ years of experience in a science related field.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge working in the research laboratory environment.
* Computer skills to include MS Office Suite.