RAVALLI COUNTY Tobacco Prevention Coordinator in HAMILTON, Montana
Position: Tobacco Prevention Coordinator
Department: Public Health Nurse
Responsible to: Public Health Nurse
Employee Status: Non-Exempt .75 to Full Time FTE (grant funded)
Rate of Pay: Grade 9 $ 14.81 to Grade 10 $ 16.51 per hour DOE
Date of public posting: December 8, 2020 - Open Until Filled
I. Position Summary
Under the general supervision of the Public Health Nurse, the Tobacco Prevention Coordinator will provide administration, leadership, organization, planning, assessment, training, and media advocacy activities, while empowering youth to make an educated decision regarding the use of tobacco products. The Tobacco Prevention Coordinator will work closely with the County Public Health Department and related agencies.
II. Primary Job Functions
• Implement the youth-led prevention strategies specified by the program.
• Conduct project orientation, community outreach, and youth recruitment.
• Train youth in the five educational components: tobacco use education, media branding, activism, and marketing.
• Participate in various youth-initiated program activities and responsibilities represent the agency, and provide accurate information regarding information prevention policy initiatives, leadership, and messaging for expanded outreach capacity.
• Engage local schools and school districts to implement tobacco use prevention curriculum such as Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit.
• Coordinate activism activities with other departments and external agencies and organizations.
• Promote public awareness and education of tobacco use prevention through mainstream media and communication outlets.
• Report to the Board of Health on Tobacco Prevention Program.
• Develop and present annual budget and work plan to the Board of Commissioners.
• Perform and accomplish requirements under Tobacco Prevention Grant.
• Other duties in the Public Health Department as assigned.
III. Qualifications and Preferred Experience
• Prefer two (2) years of experience in youth related programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer college level course work.
• Must be non-smoker and have valid Montana Driver License.
• Demonstrated ability to work with youth related programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms.
• Must be able to effectively interface with a diverse constituency and build coalitions with various stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively work under time lines, while adhering to all applicable local, state and federal regulations and statutes.
• Performs other job related duties and activities as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a completed Ravalli County Application to:
215 S. 4th Street, Suite B
Hamilton, MT 59840
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Ravalli County Application from our website: https://ravalli.us/176/Human-Resources