District 4 HRDC Extended Care Aide/EHS Teacher Assistant Float in Havre, Montana
POSITION SUMMARY: Implement all extended care educational activities for enrolled children. Ensure compliance with and maintain Child Care Licensing standards and state standards according to the Quality Improvement Rating Scale (QRIS). General cleaning of classroom and facilities. Varied work schedule to include split shifts.
1. Apply professional principles and judgment to provide a learning environment that promotes school readiness and is aligned with program school readiness goals and Montana Early Learning Standards (MELS)
2. Apply professional principles and judgment and advanced trouble shooting analysis to guide children’s behavior using positive discipline techniques.
3. Must receive at least 16 hours of professional development per year to comply with Child Care Licensing regulations.
4. Discuss with Primary caregiver the daily lesson plan and gather necessary supplies, equipment, and materials to set up environment and activities
5. Custodial duties to include: • Disinfect toilets and sinks • Sweep, vacuum, and mop classroom floor • Empty garbage and trash • Clean all spills on floors and walls • Clean tables, chairs, and counters • Clean and sanitize toys
1. Help in other areas such as kitchen, transportation, etc. as needed.
2. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Be at least 18 years old with a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency