Black & Veatch OSP Fiber Design Engineering Specialist - Telecom - Remote United States in Helana, Montana
OSP Fiber Design Engineering Specialist - Telecom - Remote United States
Date: Nov 9, 2021
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Contract opportunity with potential to convert to a Black & Veatch professional.The OSP Fiber Design Specialist is responsible for the design and draft of fiber optic cable design production. The position requires close coordination with onsite fielding staff to create conventional outside plant (OSP) design engineering and analysis. Typical OSP design responsibilities range from the initial determination of the routing and design concepts to the detailed drawings for permitting and construction. The design engineer is fully responsible and accountable for the final design content and document generation to support construction crews in placement of the physical fiber infrastructure and turn over documentation for the client.
An Engineering Specialist’s primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager and the design/engineering team on the production of high quality deliverables on telecommunications projects, in accordance with engineering practices, Telecom Business Unit policies, and client requirements.
Additionally, the Engineering Specialist will:
Provide the delivery of our work products and services to our Client’s satisfaction.
Work closely with the Engineering Manager, and the design team in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule, and quality goals.
Develop good working relationships and communications with the Engineering Manager, field design staff, and Client representatives.
This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders. Responsibilities identified herein define the minimum expectations for the position of Fiber Design Specialist.
• Keep the Engineering Manager and the design team fully advised as to progress of the market related work and any developments involving change in the scope of the contract work or otherwise which could affect the contract requirements and fee and/or Client relationships.
• Monitor and evaluate quality and progress of local market engineering staff as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the Engineering Manager.
• Operate in a safe manner and in accordance with Division safety policies and standards.
• Communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience. Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Typically, a minimum of 1-2 years related work experience with OSP/ISP Fiber Design.
• Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) experience is preferred.
• Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years direct OSP telecommunications experience.
• Ideal candidates will be experienced in OSP design of copper and fiber optic facilities, in aerial, underground, and buried applications.
• Ability to draft with AutoCAD is also a plus.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
Learning on the Fly
Drive For Results
Dealing with Ambiguity
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Completion of engineering training program is preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Work Environment: Typical office/home office environment.Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time.
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Design Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Engineering