Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc. Accounting Specialist I in Helena, Montana
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., is seeking applicants for an Accounting Specialist I. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. The starting salary is $16.50 per hour.
At Rocky, the wage is just part of your total compensation. Rocky’s generous benefit package includes: health, dental, vision and life insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan (which equals an extra $4.88/hour), 10 paid holidays per year, sick and vacation leave equaling 5+ weeks in the first year! Retirement contributions begin after one year of employment, a 401k option is available upon hire, based on age eligibility.
The Accounting Specialist I works under direct supervision of the Accounting Manager. The primary duties include processing invoices and payments to vendors, maintaining accounts payable files, and performs payroll processing functions for Rocky Mountain Development, Inc. (Rocky).
• Bookkeeping, accounting principles, record keeping, and office practices and procedures.
• Considerable knowledge of automated accounting and payroll systems;
• Banking procedures;
• PC and related software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and payroll software.
• Payroll administration principals, practices, and procedures.
• State and federal laws and regulations relating to payroll taxes, benefit plans, pre-tax deductions and garnishments.
• Human Resource policies and how they relate to payroll practices.
• Electronic and paper filing systems.
Skills & Abilities:
• Analyze and interpret written documentation.
• Identify complex issues; evaluate information related to those issues, and recommend solutions.
• Maintain the confidentiality of records related to employees, vendors, and clients of Rocky and all its subsidiaries.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and priorities.
• Manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and take the actions necessary to accomplish those tasks.
• Perform payroll or accounting functions with accuracy and speed under pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
• Operate a 10-key calculator accurately and make accurate mathematical computations.
• Follow oral and written instructions, as well as, communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, outside entities and the public;
• Work independently and as a member of a team.
The knowledge, and abilities required to perform these duties are usually acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, two years of accounting courses, two years of progressively responsible payroll related work experience, and one year of accounting work experience. Education and coursework includes using Microsoft Word and Excel software, and automated accounting systems. Experience with Abila MIP is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide this knowledge and abilities will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Application Process: Applicants must submit a signed, completed Rocky application, resume, and letter of interest. Applications are available from Rocky and www.rmdc.net. Incomplete application materials will not be processed. Completed application packages must be submitted to the Rocky Human Resource Office, PO Box 1717, Helena, MT 59624-1717, (200 Cruse Avenue, Helena, MT 59601). This position is open until filled. EEO