CDM Smith Client Service Leader - Water Services in Helena, Montana
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Leader to lead client engagement and business development for water and wastewater municipal infrastructure for multiple private, municipal and state agency clients in the Pacific Northwest which includes the Washington State, Oregon, Vancouver and Alaska markets. CDM Smith has been providing services in this region for many years. We have worked on some complex projects for major clients throughout this region and are looking for someone who will help continue this tradition through both the management of existing client portfolios and the development of strategies to grow business with new clients.
* This position can also be based in Bellevue, Seattle, Portland, or Vancouver *
As a member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Developing client engagement strategies and pursuit plans for new water, wastewater and environmental business in the Washington State, Oregon, and Alaska area
• Aligning CDM Smith’s firm-wide strategies with local business development activities.
• Being responsible of the overall financial performance of projects within a client portfolio.
• Being a highly visible advocate of CDM Smith through active participation in professional and industry organizations.
• Assembling and leading client and project teams to meet client needs and project requirements.
• Developing and managing proposal efforts and presentations.
• Implementing CDM Smith’s Sales Delivery Process and proactive use of CDM Smith’s sales tools.
• Negotiating critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants.
• Development of technical approaches and strategies.
• Assisting on individual projects and meeting billable hour targets.
• Meeting annual sales goals from both existing and new clients.
• Managing business development budgets and costs.
• Engaging in routine coordination with other area client service leaders and internal business units to meet business objectives.
• Following and implementing CDM Smith’s standardized business practices.
• Participating in CDM Smith’s training program to reinforce core competencies of the client service leader position and obtain requisite certifications within 6-months of onboarding.
• Adhering to CDM Smith’s Core Values.
Client Service Leader - Water Services
• Bachelor's degree
• 15 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Previous experience winning/managing water/wastewater projects in the Washington, Alaska, Vancouver or Oregon markets
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Western United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of corporate governance practices, organization design principles, accounting principles, finance, supply chain management, and organization management. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand highly complex
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum: