Lumen Copywriter II in Helena, Montana
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
*Application must include a url to examples to web and digital examples. Applications without samples will not be considered*
Lumen is a global, Fortune 500 technology company focused on the emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Right now, we’re looking for a smart, energetic and highly creative Copywriter who can talk tech to join our nimble, fully remote and award-winning internal agency.
If you’ve got at least two years of solid copywriting experience under your belt, an upbeat attitude, a love for learning, and a desire to work in a friendly and fast-paced environment, then we’d love to talk! Got tech or agency experience? Now you have our full attention.
What you’ll be doing in this role
• Working from a creative brief to generate strong creative concepts
• Presenting internally to executive and senior level managers
• Delivering final creative that meets the team's strategic objectives
• Coordinating and collaborating with project managers, designers, producers, and key stakeholders to create world-class content for websites, landing pages, advertising, email, video and social media
• Understanding and consistently implementing brand voice
• Managing multiple projects and delivering work in a timely manner
The Main Responsibilities
What you’ll need to succeed
• The ability to find concise and compelling, customer-centric stories in complex content
• Startup-like flexibility with the openness to learn and apply new skills, build from constructive feedback and deliver in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
• Great communication, collaboration and organizational skills -- we work with lots of people in lots of places to deliver the best work possible
• The ability to work autonomously and deliver work on schedule while juggling multiple projects
• A love for creativity, exploration and innovation in all its forms
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of relevant copywriting experience or a combination of copywriting and other writing experience
• Strong writing skills, including the ability to craft punchy short form copy (ad headlines and social posts) as well as more in-depth and technical copy
• Experience writing for the web, social media, ads and other channels
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn and apply new technical concepts
• Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
• Knowledge of basic branding concepts
Application must include a url to examples that are website and digital examples. Applications without samples will not be considered
Remote, work-from-home flexibility.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 265177
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.