CDM Smith Environmental Engineer 3 in Helena, Montana
We are currently seeking a Mid-level Environmental Engineer in Helena, Montana to support a wide variety of environmental, civil, remediation, and water resource projects. The preferred candidate will perform well in a task leader/task manager role and have a desire to advance their career as either a project technical leader or project manager.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Performing work involving conventional and straightforward plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment.
• Performing surface and subsurface soil sampling, groundwater sampling, and other field data collection to support environmental and water supply projects.
• Performing engineering design for environmental, civil, and water resource projects, including preparation of drawings, specifications, calculations, and developing operation, maintenance, and monitoring plans.
• Reviewing draft assessments and calculations for compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Reviews draft designs and reports for compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Travel to project sites in order to conduct pre-construction meetings, site inspections, and construction oversight.
• Working on a variety of assignments, which may include, field studies, research investigations, construction oversight, data interpretation and evaluation, or report preparation.
• Ensuring that firm policies and practices are followed on all assessments.
• Independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Using professional judgment and knowledge of principles/techniques in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Possibly supervising or coordinating the work of draftsmen, technicians and others assisting in specific assignments.
• Learning project management techniques and the CDM Smith management system.
• Managing tasks on large projects or phases of small projects.
• Developing external client interaction and marketing skills.
Environmental Engineer 3
Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
3 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Montana - Helena
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Solid knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.