Ford Motor Company HPC - Linux Systems Engineer in Helena, Montana
Ford Motor Company’s High Performance Computing environment provides Ford's global user base with capabilities to run complex, resource-intensive computational tasks, including CAE analysis, ADAS simulations, graphics rendering, machine learning model training, and data analytics. As a member of this team, the selected candidate will be responsible for the majority of Ford's on-premises and cloud-based AI/ML infrastructure. This includes GPU systems, parallel storage, high speed networking, and several cloud services like VertexAI on Google Cloud Platform.
· Participate in the design and implementation of HPC based hardware and software solutions for AI/ML and ADAS customers
· Assist in the management and engineering of our RedHat Enterprise Linux load as it pertains to AI/ML systems
· Develop and support automation and scripting (Ansible, Python, Bash)
· Assist development teams and internal customers with environment related questions and issues
· Monitor and troubleshoot system failures (occasional off-hours work)
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience Significant experience with Linux system administration
· Strong understanding of server hardware and networking (e.g. CPU / GPU architecture)
· Ability to write scripts and automations in languages such as Python and Bash.
· Basic understanding of batch scheduling concepts
· Comfortable with containerization (Docker, Buildah, Podman)
· Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Good communication and collaboration skills
· Attention to detail and ability to work independently
· Experience with Google Cloud Platform (or similar)
· Experience with large scale storage systems (Lustre, GPFS, etc.) and InfiniBand networking
· Experience with metrics collection and visualization with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and OpenTSDB
· Familiarity with authentication and access control systems (ADFS, LDAP, Kerberos)
· Experience writing Ansible automation
· Ability to use Git
What you’ll receive in return :
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship will not be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Requisition ID : 20105