CTG IT Solution Architect in Helena, Montana
IT Solution Architect
May 12, 2022Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Duration: 12 months
Location: 100% Remote
Job Title: IT Solution Architect
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Our premier client is seeking an exceptional professional with strong leadership skills to join our team as a Solution Architect IT Supply Chain and Finance Execution team. The Supply Chain Execution team includes all applications that help run a business including Supply Chain and Finance ERP systems and other applications that support these ERP systems in the business modules such as Manufacturing, Distribution, Sales, Accounting, Corporate Performance Management, Procurement and Human Resource Management. The ideal Solution Architect will operate largely independently in meeting defined objectives and goals. They will possess deep subject matter expertise in the business and technical architecture of ERP and other applications that form the scope of EBS and will be expected to develop direction for technology with strategic alignment to the needs of the Enterprise. Working in conjunction with the Service Line, Business Engagement, Enterprise Architects and IT Leadership, the Solutions Architect will propose and set enterprise-wide technology architecture direction and influence investments in those technology areas. The Solution Architect will translate business and service line requirements into practical IT service architectures that meet business partner needs and are fully aligned with enterprise architecture guidelines. The Solution Architect will work with SAP Max Attention Architect and Enterprise Architect to define a business and application multi-year technology and capability roadmap. The SA will manage architecture participation in and documentation of Max Attention services.
At a high level, the Solutions Architect’s focus will be:
• Long-term technology planning: 10 -15%
• Technology Effectiveness confirmation and execution 70 – 80%
• Enterprise level Leadership and Influence: 10- 15%
Role and Responsibilities:
• Partner with IT and business stakeholders across the enterprise to provide input into the development and execution of ERP transformation strategy.
• Collaborate with Service Lines, Enterprise Architects and Business Engagement to translate business requirements and IT enterprise architecture into well-defined technical solutions/requirements
• Create and maintain solutions roadmaps for use in defining and shaping Service Line strategies
• Identify and recommend solution architecture that effectively meets business needs, risk/regulatory compliance requirements and fully supports Service Line and IT function strategy
• Provide directionally accurate cost estimates for use in business case development
• Assist with the development and encourage the adoption of reference architectures and reusable patterns to facilitate the standardization of solution design, deployment and risk/compliance
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the solutions landscape within an assigned domain of technical expertise
• Develop design principles, design patterns, position papers and Proof of concepts to define technology and capability direction/introduction in alignment with enterprise architecture goals.
• Provides input into the prioritization of strategic IT investments and introduction of new capability in the EBS area.
• Provide guidance and oversight to project and engineering teams in the build, test and deployment of technical solutions
• Participate and lead project design sessions to develop end to end solutions for complex business problems. Challenge status-quo and think out of the box to device innovative solutions for such problems.
• Coach/mentor members of IT as necessary. Align with and influence teams to grow/enterprise architecture skills and perspective
• Troubleshooting: investigate, analyze, and solve problems
• Handle changes or emergency transports as needed for high priority issues;
• Coordinate with SAP basis team on the implementation of technical objects in SAP to provided enhancements, bug fixes, OSS notes, Support packages and System upgrades of software components installed
• Continuously expand breadth and depth of technology expertise to include applied research.
• Maintain relationships with key vendors to understand the market trends and direction of associated technologies
Education/Work Experience Requirement:
• Bachelors degree in IT management, computer science, computer engineering, or management information systems with five years relevant experience.
• SAP Functional Certifications and/or Experience
• 10 years of IT or equivalent business/industry work experience in a relevant subject area.
• Extensive experience in working on large scale, mission critical ERP deployment projects (SAP a plus).
• Extensive knowledge of general ERP concepts, trends and industry best practices.
• Strong knowledge of multi-tier SAP ERP applications architecture and related infrastructure components.
• Strong working knowledge of business processes across the supply chain and finance modules.
• Knowledge of integration points between SAP modules and client systems (i.e. MES)
• Experience with Enterprise integration and ETL tools, along with a good grasp of SOA concepts in ERP space.
• Knowledge of reporting and analytics concepts and tools
• Exposure to Cloud concepts and delivery of business capability via SaaS model
• Solutions proposal development
• Business case development
• Strong communication and engagement skills
• Leading and managing change
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Business and IT management on business matters blending technical and non-technical perspectives and discuss complex concepts in simple terms.
• Significant experience in achieving positive results among staff at all levels of the organization through demonstrated ability in developing consultative relationships.
• Demonstrated success working collaboratively with individuals and teams across the company, specifically executives and key stakeholders, utilizing influence, persuasion, leadership, negotiation and group facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp big picture with ability to transfer business requirements to solution design.
• Strongly Self-motivated and guided.
• Experience in implementation projects as well as in support
• Deep understanding of the processes supported by SAP considered best practices
• Solid technical background: Ability to understand complex SAP programs, to use SAP tools
• Strategic agility and managing ambiguous conditions
• Demonstrate passion for success to complete required tasks while maintaining a positive attitude. OTC
Required Skills and Experience:
• Hands-on SD, MM configuration experience including:
o enterprise structures, order management, invoicing,
o output management, master data, pricing
• Experience integrating with and working with Pricing applications like Model-N and Vendavo
• Experience integrating SAP with commercial applications like SalesForce.com and SAP CRM
• Understanding of GTS integration concepts
• SAP S/4 and ECC experience to support our global S/4 rollout
• Experience in S/4 HANA 1709 or higher
• Experience with complex multi-country implementations
• Solution Manager/Focused Build Experience (including Agile Project Management mindset)
Travel: Ability to accommodate travel up to 50%.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Systems Architecture
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time