Lumen Lead Copywriter in Helena, Montana
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
*Application must include a url to examples to web and digital examples. Applications without samples will not be considered*
Lumen is a global, Fortune 500 technology company focused on the emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution. We’re seeking an experienced and innovative Lead Copywriter with a passion for creating engaging narratives and crafting work that conveys a strong voice from top level campaign concepts to paid media advertising, and everything in between.
The ideal candidate will be highly conceptual with the ability to see the big picture and the experience to know that great storytelling comes down to execution and details. You’ll definitely be rolling up your sleeves and staying closely involved with all phases of the work.
This role combines creativity and strategy to develop fresh, leading-edge creative concepts and storytelling ideas that meet project goals and maximize the impact of each marketing message. Applicants should have a combination of proven, high-level creative skills and a background working to tell compelling stories about complex technologies.
Top candidates are leaders who know how to tightly partner with key members of our award-winning creative team, including the creative director, content manager, art directors, other copywriters and other stakeholders to develop high-quality creative concepts while helping mentor junior writers across multiple channels.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Lead Copywriter, you’ll be:
• Executing and shepherding copy development from concept and executive buy-in through all stages of creative development—ensuring faithful execution, quality, accuracy and brand consistency all the way
• Executing across a wide range of output, from the big one-off campaigns, to the tactical everyday video, social, web, email and ad deliverables
• Helping define and evolve our brand voice, and advocating its application across different products and platforms
• Working closely with campaign managers and project managers to meet established SLAs and deadlines
• Advising business partners on copy recommendations and/or issues as needed
• Making concept and creative presentations to business partners as needed
• Being an active member of a larger copy team, participating in copy critiques and peer reviews
• Creating copy for integrated campaigns as well as projects that involve digital, video, print etc.
• Interfacing with external resources that may be involved in creative or production
• Partnering with art directors and creative strategists to take briefs and turn them into big, original, culturally vibrant ideas
• Pushing the brand and our marketing practice into new media, experimenting, testing and tracking
• Being comfortable with projects that may not be completely defined and using a scrappy, resourceful approach to bring definition and drive results when needed
• Developing and exploring a variety of concepts within a set period of time, balancing creativity and attention to detail with swift execution
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Minimum of 8 years of copywriting experience at an ad agency or in-house creative department
• B2B copywriting experience for tech company or clients is a MUST
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A portfolio that demonstrates strategically grounded, creative storytelling across digital and traditional media, for major brands
• Self-driven with the ability to sometimes create work in isolation, and propel work forward
• Strong writing skills with the ability to craft punchy, whip-smart, attention-grabbing headlines as well as concise, readable body copy for more in-depth content
• Ability to express B2B and technology concepts in language that reads like a friendly conversation
• Demonstrated experience in product marketing
• Demonstrated ability to manage delivery of projects in a cross functional, geographically dispersed environment in a timely and effective manner
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working on both strategy and tactics
Remote work-from-home flexibility.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 265191
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.