Discovery Kidzone Lead Infant Teacher in Helena, Montana
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD TEACHER
We inspire creativity and innovation for future generations and make the magic of play a priority in all facets of life, for young and old!
Our Core Values are:
A Lead Teacher in Discovery Kidzone programs must embrace our core values and make them their own. They must be of good character and equipped by education, training, and/or experience for working in an infant/toddler, pre-school, or elementary program. The Lead Teacher must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults; one who has the capacity to enjoy children. The individual must have the physical, mental and intellectual capacity to fully teach, supervise, and care for children.
Direct Supervisor(s) - Program Director & Management Team
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have clean DMV, current auto registration, & access to a vehicle
* Possess current CPR & First Aid training
*A. A Degree in Child Development, Human Development or related field preferred or equivalent work
experience (DKZ reserves the right to promote/hire other qualified persons) including classes in:
Child Growth and DevelopmentProgram/Curriculum in Child Development
Child, Family, and CommunityAdministration
Infant/Toddler units (if applicable)School‑age program/curriculum units (if applicable)
* Sensitivity to children's individual needs.The ability to maintain an orderly environment
* Ability to supervise activities and children (group & individual) conducive to the growth and development of children.Ability to relate well with children
* Evidence of emotional maturity and stability with sufficient judgment to handle crisis situations
* The desire to make a difference in people’s lives
* To always be a part of the solution and never part of the problem
*Physical: Employee will be required daily to sit, walk, speak, hear and see (vision abilities include close and color vision. The employee is frequently required to use hand/finger dexterity, handle, feel. The employee is regularly required to lift to 10 lbs. -35 lbs. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk.
* Other Qualifications: The ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties.Ability to organize & maintain an orderly environment, to handle detailed work accurately, and delegate work appropriately. Capable of a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment and often under pressure to meet deadlines.Ability to objectively evaluate employees without prejudice or bias.Must be able to work as an effective team member and leader.
* The LEAD TEACHER plans, supervises, and implements all/part of the program in accordance with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of DISCOVERY KIDZONE MONTESSORI SCHOOLS.
* The LEAD TEACHER is responsible for developmentally appropriate weekly lesson plans, transition plans, potty training plans, staff communication regarding individual plans & transition, and to post plans (or assure the plan is posted) one week in advance for parents and staff.
* Guides program Teachers and staff in maintaining facility, supplies, materials to reduce waste/breakage/misuse.
* Assures consistent parent communication including but not limited to; Infant/Toddler portfolios on life cubby, daily sheets, my first day at preschool on life cubby, monthly newsletters, and observations on life cubby.
* Is responsible (with P. Director) for planning, assessments, and parent communication pertaining to transitioning children. Pre-school LEAD TEACHERS are also responsible for the pre-K small group including assessments and parent conferences.
* Supervises and directs staff, assistants, support staff, and volunteers so that all efforts are made toward a quality program and efficiently run operation.
* Provides a stimulating environment where children feel secure and also enhances the child’s self-respect, including decorating the classroom based on the theme and putting out new works with every theme.
* Is responsible to familiarise and provide basic training to new staff on the policies, procedures, equipment, children, and parents in the program.
* Maintains positive and effective relationships with the families of the children enrolled.
* Maintains open channels of communication with staff. Directing staff in solving problems through self-discipline and positive reinforcement.
* Mentors staff as needed to train, model, maintain quality & consistency and support the program, policies, procedures & total vision of DISCOVERY KIDZONE MONTESSORI SCHOOLS.
* Oversees the planning, implementation, and appropriateness of field trips including; Field Trip Contacts, Field Trip Plan, Checklist, Field Trip Permission Forms, Posting F. Trip Notices, Parent Packs, as well as, any need Thank-you notes, gifts, etc.
*Fill out and attain all aspects of an annual professional development plan to include (but not be limited to)on-going education/training of DKZ administrative duties.
* Assists & supports Program Director whenever necessary.
* Attends/contributes to staff/parent meetings, 1 parent night a year, all school special events.
* Inventories and maintains needed supplies, equipment, and building needs, submitting requisition forms, to assure all is in supply and in good repair. Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Director
* Participates in recommended training, conferences, courses, and other professional development.
*Attends and contributes to Monthly Administrative Meetings
*Follow STARS standards and lead teacher requirements and maintain ERS standards.
* Assumes responsibility for the operation of the school in the absence of the Program Director.
* Ability to perform stated duties daily or as scheduled -Report to work daily
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour