Wolters Kluwer Lead Product Software Engineer- Java in Helena, Montana
We have a growth role and opportunity! We are looking for our newest team member to join our team as a Lead Software Engineer experienced as a full stack engineer developing in both Java stack and Angular14 to help us build the next generation of customer facing web platforms for health professionals, educators, and students. The team is expanding existing nursing applications and building new ones to meet the ever-changing health care industry demands. This position will be part of an Agile team to quickly deliver products to our customers. If you're smart, motivated, creative, and dedicated to mastering existing and learning new technologies, please read on and help us make the practice of healthcare better through better learning.
The Lead Software Engineer is a “hands on” position responsible for designing and building new products and enhancing existing systems. This position will also help oversee, guide and mentor a small team of senior software engineers on the same project. This role will work directly with our business partners, QE, and Dev-Ops to deliver robust solutions. This role is expected to contribute to all technical decisions, software designs and future software direction.
This position requires strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced environment, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, the flexibility to multi-task, the aptitude to work well with the IT team, the initiative to improve upon best practices, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the skills to create documentation to comply with department requirements.
The team and projects run following the Scrum methodology. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision. We strive to have a highly collaborative development team that communicates closely on their activities but are able to design and develop their code independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for software and UI architecture, design, code, configuration, QA and implementation of high-quality software solutions that are delivered on time.
• Manage and optimize software builds, coding practices, standards, processes and refactoring of services.
• Maintains the best practices needed to ensure on time, quality software solution deliverables.
• Work with a distributed engineering team to foster a smooth development process among onsite and offshore team members.
• Develop and review project estimates and assumptions during planning and at key project milestones. Validate the development approach and assumptions that underlie the project plans and work plans.
• Ability to take ownership for a business feature from its technical design, through development, and overall implementation into the platform.
• Participate in design, code, and QA walkthroughs and reviews.
• Oversee and guide a small group of senior software engineers developing both PHP and Angular software on the same project.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technically oriented field – preferable Computer Science
Required: Equivalent formal training and at least 5+ years of relevant UI software design and development experience.
• 5+ years of enterprise experience with Angular2 (with focus on Angular14)
•5+ years of professional software development experience with Java
• 5+ years of building in Amazon Web Services (ideally Cloud Native applications)
• Experience with TDD and libraries like jUnit (or similar).
• Enterprise experience with unit testing, CI/CD practices, OOP, design patterns and best practices.
• Experience with agile development best practices, scrum methodology and working in a collaborative team, both with engineers and product management. Ability to pull work as required versus waiting for an assignment.
• Experience with ng-packagr (GitHub)
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Git.
Other Knowledge, Skills, abilities and Certificates:
• Knowledge of and/or experience working with high traffic services/web sites.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containers.
Additional Information :
Wolters Kluwer offers a wide variety of competitive benefits and programs to help meet your needs and balance your work and personal life, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Commuter Benefits, Tuition Assistance Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, and Paid Parental Leave. Full details of our benefits are available upon request.
Salary range: $122,500 - $175,000
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.