Nelnet NBS New Ventures - Intern in Helena, Montana
Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.
Nelnet Business Solutions New Ventures Team works to diversify revenue streams by analyzing new business opportunities deriving from our expertise within Nelnet.
We are seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial-minded intern to provide critical analysis and assist in the adoption of new solutions for various projects. The successful candidate will be part of cross-functional teams focused on the intake, evaluation, screening, and validation of newly proposed solutions and strategic partnership opportunities from both internal and external sources. Additionally, the intern will support specialists throughout the entire lifecycle of each idea, from conception to launch, pivoting as necessary and with the customer and company perspective in mind.
The intern will also create and deliver compelling value propositions, problem-solve with different perspectives, and seek solutions transparently. Strong analytical skills, research experience, project management familiarity, and the ability to work independently and in teams are essential.
• Actively engage with customers, external networks, industry peers, and internal colleagues to identify challenges, market gaps, and problems.
• Continually involve constituents throughout the build-out phase to determine viability and value proposition.
• Assist in the ideation, collaboration, research and development, and screening of newly proposed solutions.
• Participate in the collaboration and refinement process of an idea - done internal and external to the company.
• Assist in the ideation process of a new concept through its launch.
• Create a compelling story and deliver the value proposition to multiple audiences.
• Problem solve with differing perspectives, confidently and effectively communicate new ideas, and be fully committed to the successful launch of new ideas.
• Seek solutions in a transparent manner with external colleagues/customers, internal project teams, and senior executive management.
Working toward a 4-year degree in Business, Venture Capital, Innovation, or related field
• Relevant coursework in business, innovation, venture capital, entrepreneurship, marketing, or a related field.
• Prior experience in a startup, venture capital, or similar environment is preferred but not required.
• Experience working on cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Experience with data analysis and market research tools.
• Familiarity with project management tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and validate customer needs.
• Experience developing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences.
• Familiarity with relevant software and tools such as Microsoft Office, Airtable, and project management software.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Proficient and confident communication skills: effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization from peers to senior management to customers both verbally and in writing.
• Committed to probing for challenges and identifying proposed solutions in a collaborative, agile environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in team-based project teams to achieve common goals.
• Outside-the-box thinker, passionate about problem-solving, and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of accountability, confidentiality, ethics, and integrity and to share information with resources appropriately.
• High standards for productivity with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Utilization of effective organization and prioritization skills to complete assignments within established time frames.
• Ability to make decisions quickly, take risks, act in times of uncertainty, think creatively, and bounce back from failure.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)