Helena College University of Montana Nursing Instructor in HELENA, Montana
Helena College University of Montana a comprehensive two-year college, provides access to and support of high quality lifelong educational opportunities for our diverse community. Helena College is seeking qualified applicants who wish to become part of a dynamic and creative team for a full-time position as a Nursing Instructor beginning the fall 2021 semester.
The Nursing program offers practical and registered nursing degrees. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Instructor position is a permanent, tenure-track position on an academic year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for:
• Classroom and clinical teaching.
• Course preparation, remaining current in the area of expertise, and updating course content when appropriate to reflect the current levels of knowledge in the discipline.
• Developing, implementing, and reviewing - at least annually - an effective learning process that incorporates appropriate methodology, technology, and other tools.
• Working in partnership with the Nursing Director, through a formal system of evaluation of instruction, to identify strengths and weaknesses in the instructional process and identify professional development activities that will lead to effective student learning.
• Maintaining an appropriate schedule to allow for student access and inquiry.
• Working in partnership with student services personnel on student advising, orientation, recruitment, and marketing.
• Participating in necessary institutional functions such as, but not limited to, college committees, club sponsorship, and facilitation of advisory committees, student/faculty recruitment, budget development, and mentoring of new and part-time faculty.
• Ability to effectively combine a variety of teaching methods to enhance understanding, including lecture, group discussions and activities, evolving case studies, simulations, etc.
• Other professional responsibilities as assigned.
BSN required and willing to obtain a Master’s degree in Nursing within 5 years.
• Unencumbered RN license with the State of Montana required by start date.
• Specialty in medical -surgical nursing and Nursing Foundations.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• MSN or currently enrolled in an MSN nurse educator program.
• Prior teaching experience at the college level.
Benefit and Salary Information:
The base salary range is commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter, resume, transcripts, references and supplemental question to: HChumanresources@helenacollege.edu . Incomplete applications may not be considered.
1. Please explain what about this RN Faculty position, at Helena College, inspired you to respond to this job announcement.
To view the full employment posting visit: https://helenacollege.edu/hr/job_opp.aspx .
This position is open until filled, the first review will be on Sunday, April 25, 2021 @ 11:59pm. Applications received after this date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has been established.