GAF Sales Manager in Helena, Montana
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Manager, Sales and Business Development will play a critical role in the growth of Standard Logistics as our fleet expands in size and geographical reach. The candidate will be responsible for acquiring new customers for Standard Logistics, both for the fleet and the brokerage arm, with the primary focus being to acquire shippers for Standard Transporation’s fleet of flatbed and dry van trailers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing partnerships with existing and new shippers, liaising with the operations team, analyzing pricing strategies to ensure profitability, identifying new growth opportunities, supporting the onboarding of new customers (including contract negotiations) and ensuring a world-class customer experience. The ideal candidate will also support the growth of our brokerage business by acquiring new customers and offering a comprehensive suite of transportation solutions.
● Identify and acquire new shippers in strategic growth areas for Standard Logistics, with a focus on flatbed freight (with some dry van)
● Be insanely customer focused
● Significantly increase Standard Logistics revenue with new shippers
● Develop and support onboarding process for new shippers, including contract negotiations, pricing and operational setup
● Develop and achieve sales plan by location
● Establish long-lasting partnerships with shippers
● Lead business review meetings with customers, own the customer relationship
● Liaise with operations, finance and other departments to ensure alignment
● Identify new growth opportunities and liaise with team members to implement
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education and industry specific experience
● 3+ years of experience in the Transportation Industry is a Sales capacity.
We also Value
● 5+ years of sales experience
● 3+ years in the trucking industry working with FTL and flatbed
● Advanced knowledge of the transportation industry
● Advanced knowledge of sales systems and tool
● Advanced analytical and finance skills
● Advanced knowledge of truck transportation rules and regulations
● Advanced knowledge of truck safety, DOT, CSA, HOS
● We offer a wide range of health insurance options that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family.
● Our Family-Building benefits support the many different journeys to fertility and parenthood.
● Our robust 401K plan includes an employer match contribution with your pre-tax and / or Roth contributions.
● Other exciting programs and perks are available to help employees achieve work-life balance, including (but not limited to) a wellness program, free financial coaching, referral program, and product rebates when purchased for an employee’s primary residence.
● Professional growth and development are very important to us! We offer internal training programs and courses, as well as a generous tuition reimbursement program.
● We put diversity and inclusion into action with our Employee Resource Groups, which unite employees based on common perspectives, identities, demographic factors, or our of a desire to be an ally.
Standard Logistics complies with federal, state, and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact HR Services at 833-HR-XPERT.
Consideration will be given based on geography, candidate experience, and qualifications.
Annual Salary Range: 108,000-138,000
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.