Amazon Corporate LLC Senior Application Modernization Architect in Helena, Montana
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our Application Migration & Modernization organization. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, spanning diverse technologies across multiple industries. The Application Migration, Modernization & Management Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to deliver the best solutions for customers, connect with AWS product and service teams, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads in the cloud. You will help shape, execute, and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure engineering role. It is an individual with a unique balance of application modernization and cloud native application development expertise. The role requires hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with our customers desired outcomes to be produced.
In this role as an experienced Modernization Architect, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
* Help customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
* Architect and develop customer applications to be cloud optimized
* Work as a technical leader alongside our customer's business, development and infrastructure teams
* Provide deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
* Advise and implement AWS best practices
* Leverage Agile software development methodologies
* Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
* 7+ years of application development experience on Linux or Windows-based systems using Agile methodologies
* 7+ years of enterprise grade application development and design experience (Java, .NET (C#), Python, Node.js, Ruby, C/C++, or Scala)
* 4+ years of experience leveraging CI/CD tools and automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
* Professional Experience leveraging relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB);
* Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with business and technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices;
* BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.