Jacobs Senior Electrical Engineering Project Manager - Remote in Helena, Montana
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The energy industry is undergoing rapid and dramatic changes, transforming the utility landscape to enhance reliability and sustainability. In response, Jacobs is expanding its Energy & Power Solutions team to tackle the complexities of energy resiliency and decarbonization to deliver a cleaner and more secure energy future. We are seeking an experienced electrical engineering project manager to take a leading role working closely with our clients as well as internal sales and operations teams as we expand our energy transition portfolio.
This opening provides the opportunity to engage with our clients, evaluate their energy needs, develop concept-level plans and solutions, then take these through detailed design to provide for full execution of the solution. We offer and deliver a true “end to end” life-cycle service from exploration, development, operation, and repowering/retirement. Demonstrated abilities include a broad understanding of power systems and electrical engineering sciences. Experience in consulting, design, design management and project management will be highly regarded, as will experience in Owner’s Engineer roles or contract management, and advisory (technical advisor/due diligence) roles as well as strategic project development experience.
Your primary responsibilities will focus upon leading a multi-disciplinary team to provide advisory and design solutions for power generation, distribution and microgrid projects as a member of the energy and power business. You will collaborate with our Technical Leadership, Operations, Client Account Managers and sales professionals on pursuits of strategic importance to the firm. You’ll be expected to possess highly collaborative and sophisticated communication and problem-solving skills. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges and manage “up and out” while supporting large teams responsible for the daily details of project delivery.
If you are passionate about developing reliable and sustainable energy projects, motivated by a challenge, and enjoy working with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative solutions, Jacobs is the place for you. Come join our growing team to realize the future of energy!
#epjobs #naepjobs #remote
Here’s what you’ll need :
· Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering or related engineering discipline
· At least 10 years of electrical engineering design and consulting experience working with clients, service providers, contractors, OEMs, Owner/Developers, Lenders or regulators in the energy field
· Proven ability to manage projects with complex scopes and multi-disciplinary teams, with design schedule duration between 6 months and 2 years, and engineering fees up to $10M.
· Proven ability to engage with clients, develop relationships and win work, and then deliver innovative solutions providing value to both the client and provider.
· Ability to work independently on a large array of tasks while providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff.
· Demonstrated ability for higher level strategic, exploration, concept, and development planning for new project opportunities, including knowledge and application of new and emerging technologies.
· Demonstrated skills on concept and developed design optimization programs to guide sound technical guidance for decision making
· Strong communication and technical writing skills
Other highly regarded qualifications and experience include:
· Professional Engineering License
· Power distribution systems and microgrids
· Power generation projects exceeding 10MW capacity
· HV or MV Substations
· Renewable energy projects including wind, solar, hydro, geothermal and other technologies
· Energy storage systems
· Power system modeling experience using SKM Power Tools, ETAP or similar modeling software
· Protection and Control, SCADA or power system automation
· Campus utility master planning or decarbonization/climate response planning
· Cogeneration or combined heat and power systems
· Thermal utility plants and distribution systems (steam, hot water, chilled water)
Professional Engineer (PE) OR the ability to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) within 1 year, preferred
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.