American Express Senior Engineer - Cloud Native Strategy in Helena, Montana
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
At American Express, we are transforming our technology product delivery by modernizing critical platforms to deliver world class customer experience. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for working with various shared services teams across technology to create executable strategies for building and deploying highly scalable cloud native application stacks incorporating sound architecture and design principles. You will also work with talented and experienced teams of product managers and engineers and have the unique opportunity to contribute to AXP cloud strategy. Your technical expertise, strategic thinking, and ability to execute will enable engineering teams and product owners to experience the productivity benefits of using elastic hybrid cloud.
• Contribute to the cloud native application strategy
• Design, develop and execute operationally sound engineering solutions for deploying workloads in a hybrid cloud environment.
• Help design private cloud infrastructure integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and information security infrastructure.
• Design horizontal solutions such as test data management, data pipelines, data streaming, distributed service tracing using micro services
• Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure operations and deployment pipelines into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT
• Collaborate with engineering teams in data center infrastructure, application security, identity management, compliance, cloud operations, continuous integration.
• Collaborate to build, and deploy customized reusable application environments and application stacks using micro services and containers
• Share technical expertise, achievements among internal and external forums and provide technical guidance and mentoring to teams
• Drive platform and container innovations to enable solutions which improve engineering team productivity and reduce cycle time.
• Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in development and operational practices, tools and processes across Technologies
• Mentor junior engineers on the team and help build a strong team of full stack engineers
The candidate will have:
•Experience: 8 years of software engineering experience with deep technical knowledge covering full stack solution development and delivery. •Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent •Tech Expertise: Hands on experience with architecture, design and development of cloud native enterprise applications in hybrid cloud environment. •Experience in architecting, designing and leading a team of engineers for full stack application development with a thorough understanding of infrastructure, platform and containers as a service hosting and provisioning capabilities. •Experience with developing service to service communication topologies in cloud native environment such as open shift and native kubernetes. •Experience in designing application security strategies, tokenization and certificate management best practices for consumption by engineering teams. •Experience in functional programming in high level languages such as Java, Go, Messaging middleware such as kafka, apache camel, virtualization technologies such as docker, vagrant, deployment tools such as ansible, puppet and cluster engines such as kubernetes. •Process Knowledge: Experience and knowledge of working in agile practices. •CI/CD: Strong understanding and experience working with CI/CD tools and best practices. Experience in designing and implementing CI pipelines for on-demand application stack deployment consisting of multiple services. •Goal Orientation: Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions; successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects. Ability to influence cross-functional teams, business and vendor partners, and technology leaders. •Thought Leadership: Proven ability to influence others based on compelling value. Ability to stay engaged with rapidly changing container technology trends and use that knowledge to influence others •Communications and Mentoring: Experience with technology mentoring, great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Well-rounded experience in communicating with all levels of the organization should be able to articulate the complex technical concepts in simpler terms.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Title: Senior Engineer - Cloud Native Strategy
Requisition ID: 18014945