Marriott Senior Sales Executive International Group (NYC) in Helena, Montana
Additional Information Multi Brand and Multi Hotels
Job Number 22063342
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway, New York, New York, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
This property covers 5 hotels in New York City: W Times Square, Renaissance Times Square, Westin Times Square, New York Marriott Marquis and New York Marriott Downtown.
Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters. Provides property support by coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Pulls through business booked through the Sales Office, as well as achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Sales Office
• Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters.
• Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure
• Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (e.g., Spa, Golf, Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group planners
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Provides recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales associates regarding the potential to reallocate function space as needed.
• Handles event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for business booked in advance (e.g.,> 3 years out).
• Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) t and in-market customer events.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management
• Represents sales department at staff meetings and stand up meetings and reports out on sales activity.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for Remote Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior Account Executives)
• Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for in-market sales managers (e.g., Account Executives and Senior Account Executives)
• Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit
• Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
• Develops site standards and pricing guidelines in order to control Department 47 expenses and allow for accurate projecting
• Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate Marriott from the competition during the site visit
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competition, economic trends, seasonability, supply and demand, etc.) and implements appropriate sell
• Provides expert knowledge on local destination (e.g., local attractions, events, etc.)
• Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite
• Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property ‘s Brand Standards.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,. Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Gets involved in community-based organizations in order to position property for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Meets with walk-in clients and qualifies lead for account/sales manager.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to establish consistent customer communication.
• Greets site clients and escorts overnight guests to their rooms
• Acts as Personal Concierge to client while on site to help coordinate any special requests.
• Assists with all transportation requests for sites and meets client upon arrival.
• Entertains customers by showing them the property and key locations surrounding the property
• Provides after-hours entertaining for customers
• Works with Marriott Guestware Program Manager to check for reward member status and any special needs of client
• Coordinates and delivers amenities and welcome note t to guest rooms
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g., Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and establishing their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property ‘s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.