Veritas Senior Software Engineer in Helena, Montana
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with file systems, storage and cloud technology for data protection solution. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to customers.
In this role, you will design and develop data protection solutions using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.
You will also propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing and implementing software components in line with technical requirements.
The Sr. Software Engineer will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Full understanding of storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards, and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Designs develop and maintain high-quality code for product components, focusing on implementation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Mastered the fundamentals of programming and/or debugging skills in C/C++, C #, and/or Java
- Skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby on Rails
- Proficient in API fundamentals and best practices
- Skills with Office Application Suite Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, both in use and automation
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of operating Systems: LINUX/UNIX· Object-Oriented Language· Agile Process
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Desired Skills include:
- Knowledge and experience with OpenStack, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Experience working with tools like Jasmine, Karma, Gulp, Grunt and Protractor
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Ability to collaborate with various teams to implement innovative and viable solutions for commercial product and internal tool user interfaces
- Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.