Ford Motor Company Senior UX Researcher in Helena, Montana
Senior UX Researcher
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. What will you make today?
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, we offer a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
What you'll do...
The Ford Pro Digital team is looking for a high-impact and versatile Senior UX Researcher to join our team. The candidate must be collaborative by nature—willing to lead, execute, optimize and adjust both work product and processes—based on feedback and input from a number of stakeholders.
You’ll have to be passionate about user experience and want to take advantage of working with highly collaborative and talented team members. You’ll have the opportunity to create and transform digital experiences for a commercial audience being offered the leading edge in automotive technology and supporting solutions. Balancing the business needs while always keeping our users and their goals in mind will be paramount. You will be responsible for guiding the user research across a website strategy inclusive of all parts of the customer journey. You’ll work with several product teams across Ford and will be expected to take a leadership role working with multiple researchers and designers.
You’ll be instrumental in setting the strategic direction for our products, while championing the voice of the user. You will dive deep with our customers to understand what they really want and need and help our product teams turn those insights into actionable steps. You will join an empathetic, inclusive, and curiosity driven UX team that serves as close partners with our product team members and fiercely advocates for our users.
• Champion research practices across a portfolio of projects, and be a strong voice for Human Centered research, supported by a growing team of talented practitioners and leaders.
• Become a practicing leader in building an effective user research program that is best in class across the business division and the company.
• Lead the development of user research standards and guidelines, including the reporting of insights to various audiences at all levels, as well as moderation, research plans, and test protocols.
• Mentor researchers and designers to support their growth as UX practitioners. Contribute to the inclusive culture of the larger Digital team.
• Advocate user-centered design perspectives for your areas of focus that are informed by business needs and technical feasibility.
• Provide consistency in approach, and integrity in usability and accessibility, across design efforts with multiple product units. Drive the delivery of research, raising the bar for team-wide, human-centered approaches.
• Work cross functionally with leaders and colleagues to define, and execute against, strategy and projects.
• Provide user research guidance and support to cross-functional groups responsible for multi-team, digital products. Engage in project planning and scoping to support business needs and design opportunities, setting teams up for success.
• Balance user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility to solve problems effectively, with a focus on delivering high quality experiences.
• Contribute to a culture of rigorous experimentation with concept testing, usability insight generation, mental models, and qualitative generative research that contributes to a growing and cohesive understanding of the end users.
• Support design leadership team on communication and presentation needs.
• Lead high level, strategic research initiatives utilizing innovative research methods and experiments to help drive product direction for the organization.
• Partner with Product Owners, Product Managers, UX Designers, and other product team members to understand customer needs and opportunities.
• Plan, conduct, and facilitate user research sessions such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, co-creation workshops, data analysis, lean experimentation, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in the digital and software design.
• 3+ years of leading user research initiatives for highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.
• 1+ years of experience with leading and coaching UX researchers (directly or indirectly) by demonstrating standard methodologies in research communication and approaches, mentorship, and sharing your work and knowledge with others.
Even better, you may have...
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, Psychology or other research related-degree.
• Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion in a remote and dynamic working environment.
• Strong knowledge of Design Research, Service Design, Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction and/or UX.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering research projects in all phases of the product lifecycle across a variety of projects, from definition through execution and refinement.
• Proven ability to build consensus, influence, and work effectively within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers. Experience with building relationships, credibility, and proactive communication with team members and leaders.
• Ability to strategically communicate the value of research insights and identify trade-offs to deliver useful digital products.
• Proven experience in combining quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions. Understanding of translation of business metrics to support user-centric research insights and recommendations.
• Flexibility to work on initiatives with unclear and/or changing requirements. Strong project management, problem-solving, verbal/written communication, and context switching skills.
• High-level knowledge of research tools and methods such as: moderated testing, remote conference tools, recruiting screeners, generative research, and/or other related research tool software.
• Willingness to listen, be thoughtful, and demonstrate deep compassion and advocacy for the users of our products through empathy, accessibility, and creativity.
• Passion for the automotive, transportation and fleet management industry.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Requisition ID : 11818