Ford Motor Company Software Systems Feature MBSE Engineer in Helena, Montana
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Product Development uses design thinking & user experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We bring innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to advancements in autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
Ford’s Model E team is charged with delivering the company’s vision of a fully electric transportation future. Model e is customer-obsessed, entrepreneurial, and data-driven and is dedicated to delivering industry-leading customer experience for electric vehicle buyers and owners. You’ll join an agile team of doers pioneering our EV future by working collaboratively, staying focused on only what matters, and delivering excellence day in and day out. Join us to make positive change by helping build a better world where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.
In this position...
The Software/Systems Model Based Systems Engineer for Features will collaborate and mentor on development tasks part of an enterprise effort to develop software & systems architectures of distributed and connected features using and improving the corporate software and systems development techniques to ensure performance to specification.
What you'll do...
• Participation in process and tool reviews to identify appropriate industry standard Model Based development practices to support distributed and connected feature prototyping in the following areas:
o System architecture & design of small to medium sized embedded systems
o System modeling and model design
o Embedded software development
• Partner with feature development teams to support the development of prototype features using Model Based processes, tools and skillsets to execute functional partitioning of features:
o Capturing and documenting business, feature development and testing requirements
o Translating and architecting feature requirements into executable system designs
o Developing interfaces between objects/classes
o Specifying system level requirements
• Work with software development teams to support traceability of requirements to code through systems engineering artifacts by supporting the Ford auto-coding process to produce hardware agnostic embedded target code
• Ensure Model Based systems align with production launch objectives
• Key Interface with Core Feature Owners and external development partners to communicate and coordinate systems/software development & modeling processes
• Ensure Forward Model teams have the necessary tools, skills and resources to deliver new features
• Help in representing Ford production and proof of concept systems architectures within Model Based tools
• Develop and publish best practices, methods and processes around MBSE
• Leverage and enhance existing methods, procedures and processes using Model Based tools to support the specification and development of vehicle features
• Support the decomposition of complex systems into reusable components and architectures
• Support project-based work in areas that demonstrate technologies and motivate alignment of production teams
• Lead support efforts in the integration and use of corporate tools for MBSE into project teams’ workflows
• Create working demonstrations of common MBSE methods, processes and best practices
• Support tool alignment activities in areas such as virtual validation, Ford's Product/Application Lifecycle Management system, GitHub continuous integration, knowledge sharing and AGILE development using tools like JIRA/Rally, Git, VSEM/Polarion and Jenkins
• Bachelor of Science degree in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 2+ year of experience in the development of mechatronic systems
• 2+ years of experience with modeling tools (examples: Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw, Rhapsody or MATLAB/SIMULINK)
Even better, you may have...
• PhD or Master of Science degree in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of experience with Modeling Languages such as SysML, UML or UPDM
• Experience in practically applying MBSE on a scalable level
• Familiarity with electrical architectures, electrical systems
• Technical understanding of prototype engineering and embedded system architectures
• Knowledge of concepts around CAN, Ethernet, Vehicle Diagnostics Protocol (UDS), Test driven development (TDD), Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Knowledge and experience with Harmony Deskbook processes
• Knowledge of vehicle components functions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Ability to translate business requirements into features and user stories
• Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects while independently managing their time
• Ability to work flexibly across multiple disciplines
• Ability to develop new expertise as needed, possessing the character and interpersonal skills required to serve as a trusted advisor to management
• Ability to direct, knowledge transfer and lead cross-functional development teams
• Self-motivated with an ability to manage varying and multiple tasks
• Self-paced and excited learner
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
Requisition ID : 19929