Rocket Software, Inc. Technical Support Engineer in Helena, Montana
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:
The Technical Support Engineer assists Rocket customers with complex questions and problems regarding the installation, setup, configuration and functionality of Rocket Software products. The Engineer will troubleshoot reported symptoms to aid in the resolution process either directly for the customer or to help guide the development team in providing permanent solutions. The Engineer will work as part of a team with minimal direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
• Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
• Independently perform problem verification by confirming a customer’s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem
• Able to troubleshoot and solve urgent, complex, and critical problems
• Routine use of testing tools for troubleshooting
• Research complex cases for resolution using knowledge bases, documentation etc.
• Develop reproducible cases, when necessary
• Prepare, recommend and implement solutions
• Point of escalation in the preparation, recommendation, and implementation of solutions for junior team members
• Write collateral at an appropriate level
• Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
• Assist other Support Engineers at different levels
• Accountable for team and individual results
• Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
• Ongoing self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
• Regularly contribute to training content
• Train other support engineers
• Collaborate with Product Development Managers
• May perform as lead on projects
• Mentor other support engineers; contributes to training
Experience & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience in technical support
• Broad knowledge of computer technology
• Bachelor of Science Degree preferred
• Available for some after hours, weekend and holiday work
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!