CDM Smith Water Resources Engineer 6 in Helena, Montana
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization.
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field.
• Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within your areas of expertise.
• Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff.
• Acting as mentor for lower-level employees.
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity.
• Working with a few (3 to 5) subordinate supervisors or team leaders.
• Directing the work of a staff of typically 5 to 10 engineers and technicians.
• Evaluating progress and results obtained, and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives.
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product.
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
Water Resources Engineer 6
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• 10 minimum years of experience since B.S or M.S. in engineering or a related field.
• Registration as Professional Engineer is a requirement for engineering positions.
• Registration as a licensed Professional Hydrologist within the resident state (if available, or by a recognized professional society if not).
• Expertise in hydrology and hydraulics, water quality and watershed modeling, eutrophication, flood studies, and remote sensing.
• Experience with software such as HEC-RAS, SWMM, SWAT, MapShed, LOADEST, SWSTAT
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Montana - Helena
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: