Kalispell Regional Healthcare Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist in Kalispell, Montana
Performs all accounts payable, invoicing and general accounting functions for KRH and related entities in an efficient and effective manner. Maintains all necessary procedures related to accounts payable and assists in educating and holding department managers accountable to those procedures, while providing superior customer service. This position works under strict deadlines and processes high volumes of information.
- *AP Invoice Processing including, but not limited to;
• Responsible for entering manual (non-purchase order) invoices and frequently recurring lease payments into the system in a timely and accurate manner and looks for ways to improve the reporting process.
• Verifies coding for accuracy, ensures proper approvals per company policy(s) have been made prior to payment and verifies invoice dollar amounts for accuracy.
• Enters or imports travel and credit card activity for timely employee reimbursements.
• Ensures W-9’s are requested and retrieved for all new vendors before payment is issued, and educates departmental managers on the legal requirements and timeliness for this document; implements tax withholding for non-compliant vendors.
- *AP Vendor Reconciliation & Research including, but not limited to;
• Reviews monthly vendor statements in a timely manner for invoices not involving purchase order and if outstanding balances, ensures invoice or credit memo is in process.
• Researches missing invoices/credit memos and corresponding approval and coding in order to process.
- *AP Miscellaneous Activities including, but not limited to;
• Imports payroll batches, refunds, and materials management batches according to departmental protocols.
• Works with Patient Accounts and KPN Billing to ensure patient and insurance refunds have corresponding import or manual entry and payment through accounts payable.
• Prepares file folders as needed for all vendors. Annually box, inventory and tracks for record retention purposes all invoices and payments for safe keeping and future retrieval as needed.
• Research and provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers to aid their understanding of payments charged to them and implement requested adjustments according to company policy.
- *AP Payments/Check Processing including, but not limited to;
• Responsible for ensuring weekly payments according to vendor terms while maintaining administrative direction of maximizing cash flow. Payments consist of issuing checks, or file uploads into banking systems for merchant card payments.
• Responsible for timely and accurate filing of all paid activity in vendor files.
• Issue on-demand/manual checks when requested through-out the week for urgent items.
- *General Ledger Processes/Accounting Duties including, but not limited to;
• Reconciles general ledger accounts related to the accounts payable process including, but not limited to, trade accounts payable and month-end accounts payable accounts.
• Preparation and review of monthly accruals/journal entries. Researches and corrects discrepancies and prepares audit and/or tax PBC’s for general ledger accounts of responsibility.
- *Year-end Processing including, but not limited to;
• Responsible for timely and accurate 1099 reconciliation, preparation, distribution and electronic filing in compliance with federal regulations.
• Periodically updates W-9’s to ensure up-to-date tax information on existing vendors and attempts to receive W-9’s for all necessary existing vendors per governmental regulations; implementing tax withholding for non-compliant vendors.
- *Accounting Policies including, but not limited to;
• Understands accounting policies/procedures including but not limited to capital policies, prepaid procedures, approval authority requirements, physician guarantees, physician payments, etc.
• Ensures proper coding of invoices and assists in educating department managers on proper coding for their areas. Follows up if necessary to ensure accurate recording in a timely fashion.
- *Backup for Invoice Duties including, but not limited to;
• Invoice purchasing match functions – match invoices and transmit for payment daily in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Research & resolve in a timely fashion (but not limited to): price discrepancies, quantity discrepancies, invoices without receiving sessions, receiving sessions without invoices. Verify and reconcile monthly vendor statements and inquire as necessary.
- *Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patients, employees, business records and other work-related activities.
Associates Degree with an emphasis in Accounting preferred.
Four (4) years of AP or accounting experience required, specifically in the area of general accounting and invoicing.
Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and work under tight time constraints.
Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Strong ability to learn quickly, flexible to change and problem solving skills.
Computer skills including, but not limited to; Excel and ten-key required, Word and PowerPoint preferred.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
Ability to work with minimum supervision, self-directed and sound judgment.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2021-10280
Category Accounting / Financial Services
Pay Period Status 80
Shift End Hours 8:00 AM
Position Type Full Time (Benefits Eligible)