Flathead Conservation District Administrative Assistant in Kalispell, Montana
The successful applicant is team-oriented, professional, and has a strong work ethic. They have excellent organizational skills and have a strong eye for detail. They are capable of handling multiple tasks at once and managing numerous deadlines. They communicate clearly, work well with others, and are willing to learn new skills and undergo on-the-job training.
This position is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and is required to work closely with other staff for permit administration, grant management, and programmatic operations. Duties will include, at a minimum:
• Answering phone and email inquiries and communicating information to the public
• Organizing and maintaining files and databases
• Writing and editing documents including letters, reports, and educational items
• Assisting with grant and contract management through bid seeking, updating files, and tracking deadlines
• Managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and taking meeting minutes
• Assisting with education and outreach through regular website updates
• Assisting with the smooth running of the office through purchasing office supplies, preparing mail, making copies, and other miscellaneous tasks
Required Skills and Knowledge:
The successful applicant must have a proven ability to stay organized while working on numerous distinct projects and maintaining multiples deadlines. They must have very strong communication skills and an ability to support functions of other staff and the Board of Supervisors. Strong writing skills and proficiency with both technical and educational styles of writing is essential. A familiarity with accounting principles and a working knowledge of QuickBooks software is a plus.