LC Staffing Electrical Engineer in Kalispell, Montana
Full time, long term, direct hire position for an Electrical Engineer with a Flathead Valley high tech manufacturer! Position starts at $70K to $80K per year and comes with full benefits.
The Electrical Engineer must have electrical wiring and troubleshooting experience. You must have the ability to take direction from and collaborate with Engineers, other Designers, Drafters, and Production staff in an efficient team environment. You will be responsible for creating accurate, sensible, and consistent electrical schematics within set timelines to enable Production to succeed in producing specialty vehicles to the level of precision and functionality engineered by the Engineering team.
• Create Production-ready electrical schematics based on information from Engineering drawings, Specs&PN, and other sources as needed.
• Create &/or use standard drawing templates for consistency, error reduction, and speed in the production of schematics. Use Electra software to create schematics.
• Maintain an electronic database (Excel or similar) to track components, available wire, etc.
• Produce calculations to track loads on each wire, and the entire vehicle, to assist with the correct sizing of generators, shore power, etc.
• Balance loads to each line.
• Correctly size all wires, fuses, breakers, loads, etc. Correctly label all wires.
• Communicate with Engineering to identify and resolve differences between Electrical drawings, mechanical drawings, and Specs&PN.
• Communicate requirements for customized equipment to vendors, and work effectively with the Purchasing Department to get items ordered promptly.
• Create Excel-based spreadsheets to generate BOMs for electrical components.
• Assist Engineering in gathering critical information required to correctly wire the final product.
• Assist Engineering in selecting new products, and recommending new or improved products.
• Work with Production to answer questions and demonstrate how the wiring should be installed.
• Working with Production to ensure that wiring schematics are accurate and useful. Implementing improvements as needed to the electrical schematics process.
• Daily track and record work hours for each specific project.
Position starts at $70K to $80K per year and comes with full benefits. Contact Amy@lcstaffing.com for details.