Kalispell Regional Healthcare Fixed Wing Pilot - ALERT in Kalispell, Montana
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
This position performs all duties of an ALERT Pilot complying with the Federal Aviation Regulations and the Company General Operations Manual.
- *Responsible for ensuring the airplane is operated in a safe, professional manner on all flights in accordance with the ALERT General Operations Manual and the applicable FAR’s. The following criteria apply:
• The duty pilot will respond to dispatch requests within five (5) minutes.
• The pilot will maintain a valid FAA Class I or II Medical.
• The pilot will document and maintain flight and duty time logs as required.
• The pilot will complete the required annual ground training by the due date.
• The pilot will perform any additional duties as needed to include education, safety, and public relations briefings.
• The duty pilot will continually monitor the weather for the normal operating area and keep his medical crew apprised of changing weather conditions which may affect the ability to accept a flight.
- *Utilizes a tug to move the airplane into and out of the hanger.
3 *Actively cultivates a positive interpersonal relationship with the emergency response team and maintains a calm, professional manner under stressful conditions, e.g. difficult patients, harried crew, deteriorating weather.
4 *Exhibits appropriate and professional behavior and attitude in all interactions.
*Proactively takes initiative to improve the effectiveness of the operation and works with other team members to attain same.
*Assists with loading/unloading patients to and from the airplane.
*Provides quick response coverage, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and as such, is available to work days and nights, any day of the week.
*Cleans the interior and exterior of the aircraft and the pilot quarters when not flying. Maintains a clean, safe, and efficient work environment.
Must possess a valid FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate or a Commercial Pilot Certificate with an Instrument Rating with an Airplane Category Rating.
Must possess a current FAA Class I or II Medical Certificate.
Must meet the flight and operational experience requirements per CFR 135.243(c)(1)(2)(3).
Minimum of 1200 hours Airplane Flight Time (1500 hours preferred). PIC airplane hours less than 1000, or less than 1500 hours total time, may be considered if all other minimum requirements are met.
Minimum of 500 hours of Cross Country time.
Minimum of 100 hours of night flight time.
Minimum of 75 hours of actual or simulated Instrument time.
Minimum of 50 hours of actual Instrument time.
Must satisfactorily meet and maintain Flight Crew requirements:
a. All current Flight Crewmembers will continuously meet the stated physical requirements to remain in flight status.
b. Maximum body weight with flight gear (flight suit, jacket, boots, approximately 10#): 250 lbs.
c. It is the responsibility of each crewmember to know the physical requirements and to notify their immediate supervisor if they do not meet these requirements at any time.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.
Requisition ID 2017-2813
Pay Period Status 72
Schedule Sunday-Saturday; 7:00am-7:00pm or 7:00pm-7:00am variable