Flathead County Health Program Assistant I in Kalispell, Montana
Flathead County, MT
HEALTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT I
Under supervision of a program director or coordinator, performs a variety of office and program duties in support of a public health service program.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following are intended to illustrate typical duties and responsibilities; they are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive.)
1. Schedules appointments; checks patients in, assesses fees, and prepares written or computerized forms for services to be provided; receives payments from clients in the form of cash or checks; maintains records of monies received and balances payments with receipts.
2. Serves as office receptionist; maintains files; operates a personal computer with word processing or other applications to enter or retrieve information and prepare correspondence; takes minutes at meetings; assesses the status of program supplies.
3. Provides information to the public on the nature of the program and the program requirements; interview participants, obtaining personal information to determine program eligibility.
4. Compiles information from files; makes copies of documents; maintains medical files; completes daily logs and monthly activity reports.
5. Prepares laboratory specimens for mailing; records lab results in client charts; performs limited laboratory testing as directed.
6. Performs related work as assigned.
Work is performed in an office environment and requires typical range of motion and physical agility associated with the operation of office equipment.
High school graduation or equivalent, preferably supplemented by course work or training in office-related subjects.
Previous office experience involving public contact and the operation of a personal computer. Experience in a medical setting which included considerable public contact preferred, but not required.
• General office practices and procedures
• The operation of personal computers with word processing software
• Maintain effective working relationships with division and department staff. Meet the public in a pleasant and courteous manner.
• Operate personal computers with word processing software. Learn the procedures of the assigned office/program.
Action Date Reference
Adopted 11/19/2009 Commissioner’s Minutes