Kalispell Regional Healthcare Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapy in Kalispell, Montana
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Responsible for providing quality physical therapy services under the guidelines set by the state practice guidelines, Medicare and BH policies. Meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and organization. All employees of the Brendan House share the responsibility of caring for the residents, family members and guests, employees, and the facility. All employees are expected to exercise good communication and a willingness to assist others outside of the scope of their job description in order to be successful as a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively plan, supervise, and delegate and instruct nursing aides, occupational therapy students, new OT graduates, recently hired OTs, and other staff members to provide services in competent and efficient manner.
- Administers occupational therapy treatment to patients relative to age, culture and conditions of patients served by Brendan House – most specifically adult and geriatric populations.
- Implements and documents specific and individualized treatment programs for patients according to the principles of occupational therapy, hospital policy and payer requirements.
- Has outstanding communication skills in regards to all aspects of care, i.e. communication with patients, peers, family members, student and team members regarding OT related information.
- Collaborates with patient, family & team to develop goals and discharge.
- Able to develop and implement new programs/techniques in area of interest.
- Knowledge of and skilled in the use of materials and equipment, processes, procedures and techniques currently used in occupational therapy.
Current Montana OT license.
Graduate of an accredited program of Occupational Therapy.
Current BLS HCP CPR certification.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2020-8072
Category Licensed (non-nursing)
Pay Period Status PRN
Shift Start Hours 8:00 AM
Shift End Hours 5:00 PM
Schedule Weekdays / weekend dates at Brendan House TCU
Position Type PRN (Per Diem)