Weyerhaeuser Process Control/Automation Engineer- Kalispell, MT in Kalispell, Montana
Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking a Process Control/Automation Engineer for our Kalispell, MT Plywood facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for mentoring electrical staff, troubleshooting issues, planning, developing and managing projects that address site safety and operational excellence improvements. This is a key technical position in the process control department and reports directly to the Process Control Manager. The successful candidate must be committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and strong leadership skills.
- Key Functions:*
Implement preventative and predictive maintenance methods and systems to reduce unscheduled downtown and utilize reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure production volume, quality, and overall reliability goals are met. Train and mentor electrical technicians with a key focus on safety. Will work closely with industrial maintenance groups, including process control technicians, industrial electricians and millwrights. Execute project management approach to successfully implement electrical, power, and controls projects at the Kalispell complex site.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in PLC programming; Five years preferred (Allen Bradley/Rockwell)
- High level of proficiency with PLC troubleshooting, HMI programming software (such as Wonderware, FactoryTalk View SE)
- Experience with VMware or hypervisor virtualization software
- Ability to program and troubleshoot variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Experience with motion control design, implementation and troubleshooting preferred
- Experience with medium voltage power distribution preferred
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance systems and techniques
- Ability to read and understand electrical power and control system schematics
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Desire and ability to manage projects through strong planning and organization skills
- Experience with SAP or other CMMS program
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office, other windows-based programs, and internet skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
- Strong work ethic, good judgement and decision-making skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, when necessary and ability to accept calls during non-business hours
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: Process Control/Automation Engineer- Kalispell, MT
Requisition ID: 01015851