Weyerhaeuser Procurement Forester in Kalispell, Montana
The Procurement Forester (Raw Materials Representative) will be responsible for purchasing and marketing logs and standing timber to support Weyerhaeuser’s Wood Products manufacturing facilities located in Kalispell and Columbia Falls, Montana. Preferred residence for successful applicant would be in or around Kalispell, Montana.
- Purchase of standing timber assets, contract administration and/or supervision, development of contractors and employees in timber appraisal.
- Harvest planning, contract negotiation and administration, sales and delivery of raw material from the harvest of standing timber asset.
- Management of quality control and forest certification systems that ensure compliance through the supply chain.
- Support residual fiber management across manufacturing facilities.
Setting goals, priorities, budgets, forecasts and achieving desired results.
BS in forestry, BS/BA in a related field, or AS in forestry, or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum of five years practical experience preferred.
- Personal computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analysis.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to perform accurate timber cruises and appraisals.
- Ability to recon timber, use aerial imagery and design cruises resulting in accurate timber appraisals.
- Knowledge and understanding of various log scale metrics and harvesting and transportation systems, their cost structure and rate determination methods.
- Ability to analyze competitive bid data, vendor wood prices and competitor information to develop raw material strategies.
- Ability to use cost, volume, quality and other supplier data to evaluate performance.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize conformance to safety, environmental, labor and transportation concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and communicate with vendors or suppliers.
- Knowledge of forest certification systems, standards and implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership in employee and contractor safety performance and safety process improvement.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans/
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Procurement Forester
Requisition ID: 01019269