Kalispell Regional Healthcare RN - IMC in Kalispell, Montana
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Registered Nurse is a nonexempt position that provides professional nursing care to patients on the critical care unit during his/her assigned shift. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s policies, and procedures.
The Registered Nurse is required but not limited to the following essential job functions that are performed in a manner that are consistent with KRMC and the IMC Departmental policies and procedures:
- A demonstrated commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
- The ability to operate and maintain equipment to departmental standards.
- The ability to maintain nursing standards of care, and execute appropriate physician orders.
- While executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Must perform a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
- Administration of medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Communication of all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider orders.
- Document all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate competency/currency in IMC specific competencies within 60-days of IMC employment
- Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in IMC specific required yearly unit competencies and educational requirements as defined by the IMC department manager, the IMC physician director(s) and CNO.
- Demonstration of certification approved by KRMC in the following patient care categories within the specified timeframes
a. KRMC – Post Procedure Cath Lab Certification within 6-months of IMC employment.
b. KRMC – Post Surgical Open Heart Certification for IMC within 1-year of IMC employment.
- Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
- The ability to comply with and to maintain regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards.
Current Montana RN License.
BSN degree preferred
Current BLS HCP and ACLS Certification.
One year of previous Acute Care experience preferred.
Current PALS/ENPC/TNCC certification preferred.
National Certification – Cardiac Rehab or Step Down Unit Nursing preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2020-8555
Category Nursing - Hospital Staff
Pay Period Status 72
Shift Start Hours 7:00 PM
Shift End Hours 7:30 AM
Schedule every other weekend
Position Type Full Time (Benefits Eligible)