Kalispell Regional Healthcare RN - NICU in Kalispell, Montana
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides professional nursing care within the NICU department. Coordinates care with other disciplines. Services the infant population.
The RN is required but not limited to the following essential job functions that are performed in a manner that are consistent with KRMC and the NICU departmental policies and procedures:
- Provides direct patient care equally without discriminating on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or religion.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork, and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
- Respects the privacy and confidentiality of all patients.
- Nurse will be required to attend deliveries in labor rooms and the OB operating room for newborn resuscitation as deemed necessary.
- Ability to set-up and maintain a sterile field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to job duties.
- Demonstrates cost containment with all resources and utilizes attendance system per organizational guidelines.
- All duties will be performed in a positive manner, supporting the mission of Kalispell Regional Medical Center.
- The ability to operate and maintain equipment to departmental standards.
- The ability to maintain nursing standards of care and execute appropriate physician orders.
- Must be able to perform a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient, or as ordered by the physician/provider.
- Administration of medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care, and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Communication of all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status, and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner or as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders.
- Document all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates competency/currency in NICU specific competencies within 60-days of NICU employment.
- Completes and demonstrates competency in NICU specific required yearly unit competencies and educational requirements as defined by the NICU Clinical Nurse Manager and Chief Nursing Officer.
Current Montana RN License.
BSN degree preferred
Current CPR Certification-HCP
Current NRP Certification or complete within first six months of hire.
National Certification in Inpatient NICU preferred.
One year of previous NICU experience preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2021-10124
Category Nursing - Hospital Staff
Pay Period Status PRN
Schedule weekends and holidays per policy
Position Type PRN (Per Diem)