Marsh & McLennan Cos Underwriter, Policy Transfer (Open to remote) in Kalispell, Montana
When details make the difference, the difference is having you
We value people who appreciate what others may dismiss as "the small stuff." If there's a way to fine tune to improve accuracy, you'll find it. Your keen observational skills and extraordinary work ethic are what make you such a valuable employee to us. When you're responsible for the job, nothing slips through your fingers. Please don't slip through ours.
Torrent Technologies is seeking a Policy Transfer Flood Underwriter to join the Kalispell, MT team.
What can you expect?
* Within the first 30 days, you can expect to participate in a robust training program of instructor led, on the job and computer based training depending on your underwriting and flood experience.
* Work a shift of 9 am - 6 pm Monday- Friday between our hours of operation of 6 am-6 pm.
* You will be joining a team of highly motivated and knowledgeable individuals ranging from Sr. Underwriters to Jr. Underwriters.
* ANFI designation is preferred. If you don't have it already you will be required to obtain your ANFI designation within first 6 months of employment.
What is in it for you?
* A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
* Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business. Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
* Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution)
* Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
* Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you to:
* Service our clients and colleagues primarily via phone. You must be comfortable conversing in a phone based position while providing top tier customer service.
* Provide day-to-day phone assistance, policy issuance and maintenance for one or more Client Company Accounts.
* Enter underwriting and tracking of rollover documentation.
* Quickly and accurately, respond to phone inquiries, answer coverage questions, complete quotes and assist the agents of the Client Company/Companies.
* Review pending applications, endorsements and cancellations and provide communication back to the writing agent to competently resolve policy issues and discrepancies.
* In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Underwriting manager, reviews, analyzes and handles quotations, services existing book of business.
* Utilizes appropriate software to evaluate recommendations, determine policy approval, and process all additional policy-related information.
It's "all for one and one for all" in our organization
Supportive team effort is the way to go. Our inclusive workplace demonstrates that when you support each other, there are fewer errors, issues are resolved with comradely communication, and work is shared when necessary to get the job done. It's a wonderful arrangement, and every member of our diverse staff feels the strength of this unity. We include, respect, and look to promote every deserving individual. If you can give and receive support, you'll find a like-minded group with us.
What you need to have:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Previous customer service experience in the insurance industry, preferably in underwriting
* Basic computer knowledge and comfort level using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Basic to intermediate technical knowledge of systems and procedures
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Attention to detail
What makes you stand out:.
* 2+ years of Underwriting experience with ANFI designation
* Completion of submit-to-rate training
* Experience working underwriting methodologies and flood insurance practices along with experience working with organizational insurance procedures and policies.
* Time management skills along with ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
Good service means good business
Repeat business is always the goal, but customers won't return if the experience is second-rate. That's why you always provide exceptional customer service. We are an inclusive organization searching for diverse people who focus on the individual and not just the sale. Reach out if you agree with our philosophy.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.