Western States Equipment Company WSCTP Student in Kalispell, Montana
The WSCTP is a 15-month program that starts in June with 12 months of college classes and labs at the CWI Micron Technical Education Center Campus in Nampa, ID. During the 12-month education program at CWI, students will complete their general education requirements and will then learn about engine fundamentals, powertrains, machine hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical systems, transmissions and torque converters, undercarriages, final drives and more. Once the classroom requirements are complete, there is a mandatory 3-month internship in a designated branch within the Western States territory.
During the paid 3-month internship at WSECO, students will work under the guidance of experienced technicians and mentors and will apply their education in one of our state-of-the-art facilities. Upon successful completion of the WSCTP, students will earn an Advanced Technical Certificate from CWI and have the opportunity to join the WSECO family as full-time employees. Students will also have the opportunity to continue in their studies to complete an associate degree in Applied Science.
Interested applicants are required to complete the Western States online employment application. Once submitted, you will be contacted by the Technician Recruiting Program Manager to discuss the program and necessary steps in the selection process.
Successful candidates will receive written notification of their conditional acceptance into the program and will be required to complete the pre-employment screening process prior to WSCTP orientation.
* High School diploma or GED. High school seniors getting ready to graduate from high school are also eligible to apply.
* Minimum one letter of recommendation.
* Completion of WSCTP panel interview.
* Completion of College of Western Idaho (CWI) Admission Application and determination of required placements tests.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS FOR INTERNSHIP:
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level and fumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Employer's Job# WSCTP02725-Kalispell
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.