Laurel Public School High School Vocational Agriculture Teacher in Laurel, Montana
The Laurel School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of High School Vo-Ag Teacher, beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
• Minimum of BA/BS degree in Education.
• Montana State teaching certificate with a secondary endorsement in assigned subject area.
• Able to work with children and adults.
• Prior to first day of employment, fingerprints, background checks, and other district requirements must be complete.
• The high school teacher shall be responsible to teach skills and knowledge through the secondary courses that provide each student assigned to the class a program which will enable the student to reach their fullest educational, physical, emotional and social potential, utilizing courses of study adopted by the Board of Trustees and other appropriate learning activities.
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions.
• Provide an instructional program consistent with the student’s level of maturity and development and which satisfies district and state requirements.
• Accept and perform a fair share of the responsibilities necessary for the operation and progress of the school and/or district.
• Evaluate each pupil’s growth in knowledge and skills and assess the accomplishments on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
• Keep and maintain student records, including attendance.
• Attend faculty, curriculum committee, in-service, and other building and district meetings as required.
• Select and request books and instructional supplies and maintain records as required.
• Contribute supervision, knowledge, and skill in a variety of school activities.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 26, 2021
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on the Employment button at the bottom of the page. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veterans preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: May 20, 2021
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 & 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER