Laurel Public School IT Facilities Technician in Laurel, Montana
The Laurel School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Facilities Technician. Base salary is $57,470.00 with a 260 day working year. Under the direction of the Technology Director, the IT Facilities Manager will provide direct support to organizational activities by providing technical expertise in designing and setup of specialized systems, including networking and audio/visual systems for use with sporting, concerts, and other community events.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer engineering, computer science or related field, a minimum of three years’ experience in LAN/WAN and multi-site network administration; audio/visual technology; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by the District. Experience managing a computing environment including but not limited to: systems development, computer networking, (LAN/WAN), and software applications.
● Experience with large sound equipment, media streaming technology, and digital camera setup.
● Experience with building level camera and access systems
● Experience with technology designed to support large sporting and other school activities.
● Must pass a Level II fingerprint background.
● Responsible for door access which include assigning, maintaining, and replacing user badges to community and staff
● Monitors door and camera alerts and functionality to include viewing and reporting suspected activity to administration
▪ Monitors and supports audio, camera, door access, and bells, paging, and intercom systems in all schools
▪ Supports all schools with ViewPath classroom camera system as point of contact for user issues and training staff
▪ Assists with technology associated with events to include but not limited to band/choir concerts, drama production, recordings, and professional development training.
▪ Responsible for setup, teardown, operation of, and training of users for the track timing system.
▪ Assists with broadcasting events like live streams which include the calibration and troubleshooting of camera system
▪ Responsible for updating, maintenance and troubleshooting the digital signage.
▪ Assists IT Helpdesk as required
▪ Responsible for unlocking/locking access points and securing area at the conclusion of each event.
▪ Monitors district buildings and/or grounds during periods of use related to activities, facility rentals and hosted events.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
● Demonstrate professional office skills; possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
● Basic knowledge of audio equipment to include digital mixers, amplifiers and other sound equipment.
● Ability to work flexible schedules to adjust to school activities schedule
● Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
● Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and can handle stressful and highly confidential, sensitive situations in a professional and courteous manner.
● Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED First Review 10/13/2021
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on the Employment button at the bottom of the page. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veteran’s preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: 10/8/2021
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 & 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER