Billings Clinic Outpatient Infusion Center RN - Livingston HealthCare in Livingston, Montana
THIS IS A COURTESY POSTING ONLY
Please do not complete the employment application on this site/Apply below
Outpatient Infusion Center RN
The oncology Registered Nurse partners with patient, families, interdisciplinary team, and community resources to provide optimal care for their patients. Focuses on physician, mental, and emotional status, as well as family support and involvement. In collaboration with patients, families, physicians and the interdisciplinary team works to formulate a goal directed plan of care and establish treatment priorities based upon patient needs and available resources.
The oncology Nurse Expedites access to services and resources to improve continuity and coordination of care throughout the cancer continuum. Advocates for patient and family by mobilizing appropriate resources tailored to the individual patients care in a timely fashion. Identifying gaps in service and addressing them. Assists in translating complex medical terminology to the patient and family and answers questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct professional nursing care for specified patients including appropriate triage, supportive care, and administration of chemotherapy, blood products, as well as other medications for acute and chronic illnesses.
• Ensures patient safety using wide knowledge base of complex treatment regimens and medications.
• Monitors, evaluates and records the treatment plan results.
• Assist patients in managing side effects and symptoms of cancer and other treatments.
• Recognizes and can appropriately respond to urgent and emergent treatment related infusion medication reactions.
• Assists physicians with special testing and procedures such as bone marrow biopsy, paracentesis, etc.
• Educate and assist patients and their families to understand the disease, the treatment plan, and possible side effects.
• Link patients and their families to available health care services and communicate with doctors and other members of the staff on behalf of the patients.
• Participates in telephone calls from patients. Assesses the patient and situation for urgency, answers questions and appropriately advises the patient when to seek medical care.
• Acts as a resource to other nurses within the organization regarding central line issues and/or continuity of care for patients on chemo precautions.
• Possess extensive knowledge of central lines, including but not limited to proper line management, maintenance, infection prevention, and troubleshooting multiple types of central access devices.
• Coordination of Oncology provider outreach clinics.
• Maintains working Infusion schedule book in Cerner systems.
* May be called to facilitate Telemed Oncology Appointments
• Current Montana RN license, BSN preferred.
• Basic Chemo Biotherapy Certification or certification within 6 months of hire.
• Current BLS certification.
• ACLS certification within one year of hire.
• PALS certification within one year of hire.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Obtains oncology nurse certification once required hours of clinical experience fulfilled.
• 0.9FTE (36 hours)
• Variable Hours
• Dayshift Only
• $33.79/hour + DOE
Competitive Benefits *
Apply Here: Livingston Healthcare - Careers