Wood PLC Electrician in Malta / Butte, Montana
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrician with extensive experience in the construction industry to work on a project in Butte, MT.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Must be able to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures, and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
* Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester
* Install ground leads and connect power cables and wires to machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment
* Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and fixtures using test equipment
* Repair or replace faulty electric components, wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
* Test malfunctioning or broken equipment using test equipment and discuss malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction
* Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
* Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, structures or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
* Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
* Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
Skills / Qualifications
* Post-Secondary Certificate desirable- awarded for training completed after high school
* Minimum 4 years in craft, including helper and apprentice roles
* Minimum 1 - 2 years as journeyman working in industrial environment; Holds a Journeyman license in MT preferred.
* READING: The employee must have the ability to read safety requirements, instructions in the correct use and maintenance of shop tools, be able to read and understand methods and procedures that are present on drawings, layout work, and just specifications
* Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
* Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
* Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
* Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
* Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.