Billings Clinic Housekeeper in Malta / TOWNSEND, Montana
Job Description: Housekeeper
The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing specific cleaning duties to maintain a clean and aseptic environment throughout the Billings Clinic campus and branch locations. Duties include but are not limited to moving, furniture, equipment and supplies, carpet cleaning and a variety of housekeeping duties. Also responsible for laundry duties in specific units within the organization and these duties include but are not limited to coordinating the daily laundry service needs with departments; collection, sorting and weighing of soiled laundry, linen and garments; fold, count, stack and distribution of clean laundry and linen garments.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Cleans and services areas with in facility. May be assigned to clean in one or more areas within the facility campus to include cleaning occupied and discharged patient rooms, isolation room, and patient care areas including physician’s offices, public access areas, waiting rooms, offices, stairwells, elevators, restrooms and laundry.
• Maintain floors to include sweeping, mopping, stripping, finishing, buffing, and refinishing hard floor surfaces, shampoo’s carpets and furniture.
• Removes trash/linens from the assigned area(s).
• Washes windows, walls, vents, lights, and baseboards utilizing appropriate disinfectants.
• Dusts and polishes hard surfaces.
• Moves furniture and equipment within facility and to off-site storage as necessary. Change curtains and drapes as needed.
• Delivers and replenishes supplies as needed.
• May perform laundry services for specific areas of the facility. Duties include but are not limited to coordinating the daily laundry service needs with departments; collection, sorting and weighing of soiled laundry, linen and garments; fold, count, stack and distribution of clean laundry and linen garments.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and department requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.